- Policy solutions that address the opportunities and challenges of diversity
- Thoughtful policy solutions reflect an understanding of increasing global integration
- Illuminating numerous policy and diversity issues, including gender equity
- Increasingly diverse societies present both challenges and opportunities
- A dynamic, non-partisan forum for dialogue and debate
- Policy research and solutions that address contemporary global financial concerns
- Creative educational programming
A first-of-its-kind initiative, the Center for Public Policy in Diverse Societies aims to shed light on how public policy can help meet the opportunities and challenges posed by societies that are becoming increasingly diverse locally, nationally, and internationally.
Housed at the Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy at the University of Michigan, the center supports policy relevant research and educational programs that employ the latest social science insights and methodologies to address issues of diversity and policy.
Since its founding in 2009, the center has brought distinguished speakers to the University of Michigan to share their expertise with the campus and community. Past programs can be viewed online by visiting our News and Events page, where you will also find descriptions of upcoming programs and speakers.
We also invite you to read about the research and programs supported by the center, and to consider submitting an application for funding for your own work during our 2012 grant making cycle.
We look forward to your engagement.
Susan M. Collins, Interim Director
Joan and Sanford Weill Dean of Public Policy and Professor of Public Policy at the Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy and Professor of Economics in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts.
|Diversity Center||Keeping Informed||Our Work|