Visits from candidates
The Provost's Dean Search Advisory Committee (see names below) is using this page to post information on the candidates for the next Dean of the Ford School of Public Policy.
Four candidates will be visiting campus over a 3-week period. Candidate names and Curriculum Vitae will be posted here 24-48 hours prior to each visit.
The Ford School community is invited to hear from each candidate during noon hour presentations in the Annenberg Auditorium. Please see the schedule below. We will post a video from each session here on this page shortly after each presentation as well. To view these talks, you need to login using your Kerberos password.
(Ford School alumni: please click here for more information about Kerberos passwords: http://www.itcs.umich.edu/accounts/uniqname-processes/#alumni). If you're interested in viewing the presentations without getting a Kerberos, please send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive instructions and a password for access.)
Please contact fordschool-dsac-chair@umich.
Candidate A: Michael Barr, Roy F and Jean Humphrey Proffitt Professor of Law, Professor of Law, Law School and Professor of Public Policy, Gerald R Ford School of Public Policy
View Michael Barr's CV (Adobe PDF)
Visiting March 15-17, 2017
Public presentation (Annenberg, Weill Hall): March 16, 12:00 – 1:00 pm
Candidate B: Edward B. Montgomery, Dean of the McCourt School of Public Policy at Georgetown University.
View Edward Montgomery's CV (Adobe PDF)
Visiting March 20-21, 2017
Public presentation (Annenberg, Weill Hall): March 21, 12:00 – 1:00 pm
Candidate C: Jeremy Weinstein, Professor of Political Science and Senior Fellow at the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies
View Jeremy Weinstein's CV (Adobe PDF)
Visiting March 23-24, 2017
Public presentation (Annenberg, Weill Hall): March 23, 12:00 – 1:00 pm
Members of the dean search advisory committee (as of March, 2017)
- Chair: Paula Lantz, professor and associate dean for academic affairs
- Afton Branche, Master of Public Policy student and graduate student instructor, Ford School.
- James House, Angus Campbell Distinguished University Professor Emeritus of Survey Research, Public Policy and Sociology; research scientist emeritus, School of Public Health; research professor emeritus, Survey Research Center, ISR; professor emeritus of sociology, LSA; and professor emeritus of public policy, Ford School.
- Brian Jacob, Walter H. Annenberg Professor of Education Policy; Professor of Public Policy; Professor of Economics; Professor of Education
- John Leahy, Allen Sinai Professor of Macroeconomics, professor of economics, LSA; and professor of public policy, Ford School.
- Jennifer Niggemeier, director of Graduate Career Services & Alumni Relations, Ford School.
- Barry Rabe, J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Professor of Public Policy, Arthur F. Thurnau Professor and professor of public policy, Ford School; professor of environmental policy, SNRE; professor of Program in the Environment and political science, LSA.
- Joe Shea, Ford School bachelor of arts student
- Betsey Stevenson, associate professor of public policy, Ford School; and associate professor of economics, LSA.
- Simon Tam, alumnus, Ford School.
- Lynn Videka, professor and dean of the U-M School of Social Work
- Dean Yang, professor of public policy, Ford School; professor of economics, LSA; research professor, Population Studies Center, ISR.