How to apply to the Science, Technology and Public Policy Certificate program
Any student with a bachelor's degree who has been admitted to one of the University's science (natural or social), engineering, or professional graduate degree programs or who is currently enrolled in one of these graduate programs is eligible to submit an application to the STPP Graduate Certificate Program.
Currently enrolled students must be carrying a B average or better and entering students must have had a B average or better in their undergraduate coursework.
Applicants will be evaluated based on their commitment to, and understanding of, STPP as demonstrated by their statement of interest and letters of recommendation. Prime considerations will be given to those students with strong academic records who have demonstrated an understanding of how STPP coursework might be integrated into their professional pursuits.
The deadlines for applications are October 15 and February 15. Those who wish to apply to the program will submit the following materials:
- Completed STPP Application Form
- One-page statement that explains how the STPP program will contribute to the student's education and future career
- Current transcripts (for currently enrolled graduate students) or undergraduate transcripts (for newly entering students)
- Students who are enrolled in a Rackham administered program (i.e. Natural Resources, Information, Urban Planning, etc.) must complete the Add a Degree or Certificate Form. The program code is 01906.
- Students not currently enrolled in a Rackham graduate program must complete the Rackham application online and pay the application fee. Please choose "Science Technology and Public Policy Certificate" as your program of application. Note that courses taken to complete certificate requirements should be registered for under Rackham (dual-enrollment is allowed).
- If you are unsure of your Rackham enrollment status, please see the list of graduate and professional degree programs not administered by Rackham.