Date & time
featuring William Julius Wilson, Harvard University
Keynote speaker for the Interdisciplinary Group on Poverty and Inequality conference 'Emerging Issues in Poverty and Inequality'
March 6, 2009
4:00 - 5:30PM
915 East Washington Street
Ann Arbor, MI
There is no admission fee for this lecture and refreshments will be provided. Nicola's Books will be selling copies of William Julius Wilson's new book before and after the lecture.
Jointly sponsored by:
• National Poverty Center, University of Michigan
• Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy, University of Michigan
• Department of Sociology, University of Michigan
• School of Social Work, University of Michigan
• Center for Afroamerican and African Studies, University of Michigan
• Horace Rackham School of Graduate Studies Interdisciplinary Workshops, University of Michigan
William Julius Wilson is a University Professor at Harvard University, president emeritus of the American Sociological Association, and the author of numerous books, including the award-winning The Declining Significance of Race.
He will be discussing his forthcoming book to be released on March 9th, 2009. Click here for more information about his work entitled, More than Just Race: Being Black and Poor in the Inner City.