Leadership Journey Dinners are a new program for graduate students to learn about different pathways to leadership in an intimate, informal setting. Each semester, Professor Morela Hernandez hosts two dinners in her home for 15 students and a faculty guest. Students hear how faculty found their voice, lessons learned, people who made a difference along the way, hard decisions, highs and lows, and anchors in their lives.
Fall 2023 featured guests:
- Associate Dean for Academic Affairs Jenna Bednar
- Associate Dean for Research and Policy Engagement Jeff Morenoff
Past dinners included featured guests:
- Associate Dean Luke Shaefer, director of Poverty Solutions
- Professor Shobita Parthasarathy, director of the Science, Technology, and Public Policy program.
- Associate Dean John Ciorciari, director of the International Policy Center and Weiser Diplomacy Center
- Towsley Foundation Policymaker in Residence Judge Laurel Beatty Blunt
Leadership dinners are a great way to connect with professors and other students outside of the classroom and learn about the personal and professional experiences that shaped their careers."
Abby Johnson (MPP '23)