Recognizing that substantial research experience and individual mentorship are key to successful admission to top PhD programs, the new Pre-Doctoral Program in Policy matches exceptional graduates of professional master’s degree programs in public policy and administration with opportunities for research training, additional coursework, and faculty mentorship needed to prepare for an academic career.
- Up to two-years, full-time funded pre-doctoral research fellowship
- Intensive mentorship and support for PhD application process
- Opportunities to network across institutions
Who can apply
Eligible current or former graduate students may apply for a research fellowship appointment.
- Enrollment in one of the participating institutions' master's degree programs with anticipated graduation date by Summer 2022 OR completion of a master's degree in a qualifying program during the previous year (i.e., 2021).
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as expressed through research interests or service activities, and an economic, educational, cultural, or geographic background underrepresented in doctoral programs
- Desire and potential to complete a doctoral graduate program in a field related to public policy
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality in data analysis and written material
- Ability to prioritize, adapt, and execute project tasks
- Check back in December for more information about 2022-2023 applications.