HAIL! HAIL! to Michigan the leaders and the best
Hire. Assist. Invest. Learn.
Hire. Ford School students and alumni are some of the best and brightest leaders, eager to apply their skills to policy challenges in the public, private, and non-profit sectors.
- Host an intern or hire a graduate by emailing a description to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register as an employer in our online recruitment system, FordCareers (via Symplicity). To get started, please visit fordschool-csm.symplicity.com/employers and select "Sign Up".
- Request resume and/or internship books and pass along to hiring managers.
Assist. Help recruit the best and the brightest to the Ford School or volunteer your time to support students in their career development.
The students I've talked to are realistic about the challenges facing them. They have been well-informed and grounded. And yet, they've maintained their enthusiasm. What has surprised me is that their enthusiasm has improved my outlook, something not easy to do during these dark days.”Steven Reich (MPP '85), who received his degree during the Reagan recession, talks to students during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Become an Alumni Admissions Ambassador to talk to prospective students, promote the Ford School, share recruitment materials with colleagues and friends, or host a recruitment session in your area. Sign-up today!
- Become an alum-in-residence (now online!) and provide professional development support to current students through resume reviews, mock interviews, career conversations, and/or office hours.
- Conduct mock interviews over the phone or online.
- Provide career advice in alumni office hours.
- Serve as a panelist to share your experiences.
- Partner with the Ford School on a Strategic Public Policy Consulting Project.
- Join the Alumni Board.
Invest. Invest in tomorrow’s policy leaders with a gift to the Ford School Fund for Student Support, which provides tuition and internship assistance. Every gift, large or small, makes a difference for our students!
With your gifts, we'll recruit and retain the most talented and promising future policy leaders—and we'll provide them the exceptional education, training, and mentoring that launched your career. Give today to the Ford School Fund for Student Support!
Learn. Missing your classmates, the informed conversations, and campus? Share, learn, and reconnect with us!
- Check out the professional development resources.
- If you are interested in utilizing our career database for your job search, visit https://fordschool-csm.symplicity.com/students/?signin_tab=0 and select "Alumni Registration". Please keep in mind that the vast majority of opportunities in our system are targeted to current undergrad and graduate students, and recent alums.
- Follow the Ford School on social media and join our LinkedIn Group to connect with nearly 2,000 Ford School alumni.
- Watch live-streamed lectures and discussions of distinguished policymakers from around the world on Ford School Policy Talks. Missed one? Re-watch at fordschool.umich.edu/video.
- Attend an upcoming alumni event.
- Submit a Class Note and share your good news.
- Join the U-M Alumni Association and explore U-M's Alumni Online Communities/Alumni Directory.
- Subscribe to 'the feed' and State & Hill.
- View photos from the Ford School's Flickr albums.
- Remember to update your contact information!