Ford School Alumni Board
Founded in 1990, the Ford School Alumni Board offers peer-elected alumni a first-hand understanding of the school's goals, programs, and key issues—and enables members to share their wisdom and experiences in an advisory capacity that supports the programs and activities of the school. Read the latest board update and network with your fellow alumni.
To see pictures of Alumni Board members at work, visit the Ford School's Alumni Board Flickr album.
HAIL! Hire. Assist. Invest. Learn.
Hire. Help staff increase the number and variety of employment and internship opportunities available to students and graduates. Board members host informational interviews and share job/career advice, and provide leads on jobs and summer internships.
Assist. Help increase the quantity and diversity of the student applicant pool and increase the number of accepted students who enroll at the Ford School. Board members also engage with current students and make themselves accessible to fellow alumni with job, networking, and relocation questions.
Invest. Help attract and contribute to philanthropic giving at the Ford School.
Learn. Attend and promote Ford School events and functions, promote the Ford School's social networking, and select the winner of the Neil Staebler Alumni Service Award.
Five Alumni Board committees liaison with staff and engage with the Ford School community:
- Alumni Engagement/Visibility committee coordinates Spirit Day, plans activities to engage alumni, and researches better ways to connect online.
- Fundraising committee facilitates a culture of philanthropy, sets appropriate fundraising goals, and encourages and advises on alumni giving.
- Nominations/Elections committee organizes and leads nominations/elections process, encourages alumni board nominations, advises on board composition, communicates with candidates, and participates in new board member orientation.
- Student Engagement committee strategically expands pipelines for Ford School graduate and undergraduate students to attend the Ford School and demonstrates/models best practices in professional/career development from an alum/employer perspective to help students navigate their careers.
- Staebler Award committee convenes every 2-3 years to promote the award, review and assess nominations, and make the award.