This course focuses on the economics of energy and environmental regulations in the United States. It is designed to give students practical experience in making connections between intermediate microeconomic concepts and real-world regulatory policy issues. The emphasis will be on critical thinking to answer questions like the following:
- How do energy markets work?
- What are the effects of energy markets on the environment?
- When should the government intervene to regulate a market?
- What is the appropriate form of government intervention in a market?
- What is the role of energy policy in mitigating environmental damage?
Download Coursemart Audio