Careers at the Ford School
Consider joining the Ford School: a top–ranked policy school housed within a world–class university.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The Ford School at the University of Michigan is a community dedicated to the public good. We inspire and prepare diverse leaders grounded in service, conduct transformational research, and collaborate on evidence-based policymaking to take on our communities' and our world's most pressing challenges.
We value community, integrity, respect, service, inclusion, diversity, and equity. We aspire for our work to be excellent, relevant, rigorous, collaborative, engaged, and impactful.
Faculty jobs are advertised in the fall of each year in applicable journals. Doctoral job candidates may also be interested in the postdoctoral fellowship opportunities at our research centers.
The University of Michigan is a non–discriminatory/affirmative action employer with an active dual–career assistance program for spouses and partners. The Ford School of Public Policy is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community.
Fall 2018: we have a number of both junior and senior positions open. Learn about and apply for our open faculty positions by following the links below:
- Assistant professor in political science/comparative politics
- Assistant professor in political science/American politics
- Associate professor or professor in public policy/economics
- Associate professor or professor in public policy/political science
- Associate professor or professor in public policy/sociology
We have posted several new staff positions, including job opportunities that are brand new to the Ford School.
- School Registrar
- Assistant Director, Economic Mobility (Detroit)
- Data Architect & Manager
- Research & Data Specialist, DMACS
Affiliated research center and initiative opportunities:
You can also check out opportunities at the Youth Policy Lab