Stay involved. Be a Victor.
Whatever your interest or availability, you can find a rewarding route to being an active alum who makes a real difference in the lives of Ford School students. To get involved, contact Elisabeth Johnston, Assistant Director, Alumni Relations at (734) 615-5760 or email@example.com.
Alumni Admissions Ambassadors
Assist the Ford School with its yearly MPP/MPA recruitment efforts by helping to recruit students to apply to and attend the Ford School. Select one way or several.
- Make phone calls to prospective and/or admitted students.
- Reach out to key faculty at your undergraduate institution and promote the Ford School. The Ford School will provide you with materials.
- Host a recruitment session or informal get-together for prospective students in your area.
- Be willing to have the Ford School admissions staff share your contact information with prospective students who share your policy interest and/or geographic region.
- Share recruitment materials with interested colleagues and friends. The Ford School can provide you with materials.
- Send job and internship postings from your office or organization to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request resume and/or internship books and pass along to hiring managers
- Be an alum-in-residence and provide professional development support to current students through resume reviews, mock interviews, career conversations, and/or office hours
- Conduct mock interviews over the phone or online
- Serve as a panelist during a career exploration trip
- Coordinate with your organization to partner with the Ford School on a Strategic Public Policy Consulting Project.
- Run for the Alumni Board when eligible
- Attend the Ford School's Homecoming and Reunion activities in the fall
- Participate in the annual Worldwide Ford School Spirit Day celebration in a city near you each July
- Vote in the Alumni Board elections each fall
- Watch live streams of events and lectures taking place at the Ford School on the web
- Join the U-M Alumni Association
- Update your contact information
- Follow the Ford School on social media
- Share your good news by submitting a Class Note
- Join our LinkedIn Group and connect with over 1.9K Ford School alumni
- Read 'the feed' and State & Hill
- View photos from the Ford School's Flickr albums
PLEASE HELP US REACH 500 ALUMNI DONORS TO UNLOCK A $50,000 MATCHING GIFT FROM THE FORD SCHOOL COMMITTEE.
Join fellow alumni in giving! Through Spirit Day on July 9th, 2020, every gift from Ford School alumni (to any fund) counts toward a challenge to unlock even more support for our students. Every alumnus that participates gets us closer to unlocking a huge amount of student support and your support helps to remove the burden of cost for internships, books and supplies, and tuition.
When Fordies join together in giving, even more can be achieved through your collective impact! Many individual efforts combined make a tremendous difference for these students.
- During this campaign, the first 250 alumni donors will unlock $25,000 to directly support Ford School students.
- The next step unlocks another $25,000 if we reach 500 alumni donors—totaling $50,000 in student support.
Matching funds–generously offered by members of the Ford School Committee–will increase the size of gifts from our alumni in particular.
Your support will go directly into making exceptional education and training possible. With your gifts, we'll recruit and retain the most talented and promising future policy leaders—and we'll provide them the exceptional education, training, and mentoring that launched your career.