U-M Social Impact Challenge 2016
Each year the Center for Social Impact partners with a social impact organization in Detroit to tackle a live case with U-M students in the winter term. Teams compete to address a real-life strategic challenge currently facing that organization.
During the competition, multidisciplinary teams receive a live Challenge statement, investigate the context and social issues, and develop strategic recommendations for action. The top teams present to a panel of judges including experts and leaders from Detroit. The winning team receives a $2,500 cash prize and the opportunity for their ideas to be implemented!
2016 Social Impact Challenge
- Register your team or access the Team Finder to help identify a team or additional teammates
- Attend the Social Impact Challenge Preview and Team Matching Event on Jan. 13 to meet potential teammates, form teams, and participate in group exercises around social change in Detroit. Food and refreshments will be provided.
- View additional participant details to learn more about the competition experience and requirements
- SAVE THE EVENING of Tues, Feb. 9, 2016 for the Challenge Finals!
Benefits of Participating
The Social Impact Challenge is an opportunity for students to collaborate on multidisciplinary teams to tackle complex social issues in a competitive consulting-style environment. Participants have the opportunity to:
- Apply skills and classroom learning to a pressing social issue in Detroit
- Impact a Detroit organization that is making a difference in the community
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team with students from across U-M
- Engage in dialogue and practical problem-solving with mission-driven leaders