Now available, spring 2015 edition of the Michigan Journal of Public Affairs (MJPA)
The Michigan Journal of Public Affairs (MJPA) has published its spring 2015 volume, featuring articles and notes on a variety of topics including immigration policy, climate change, educational impacts on mental health, and development policy. This issue marks the twelfth volume of the student-run journal since its founding in 2003. The spring 2015 volume also features three Ford School students, two of whom co-authored a note together.
The articles and notes selected for publication in the Spring 2015 volume include:
- Head Start and Parental Mental Health: Differentiated Impacts of Head Start by Cohort and Comparison Group by Patrick Balke
- Deportation in the United States: A Historical Analysis and Recommendations by Marc Edward Jácome
- Actively Managing Risky Behavior: How the Insurance Industry Should Address a Changing Climate by Collin Gannon
- Toward an Inclusive Development in a Post-Conflict Scenario in Colombia by Patricia P. Padilla
- Drug Trafficking, Gang Violence, and the U.S. Immigration Crisis by Christopher Palmer
- Growth Amid Decline: A Spatial Analysis of the Hispanic Population Change in Michigan and Detroit by Miguel Bonilla-Zarrazaga and Nathan Gire
Articles for the MJPA are solicited from U.S. and international graduate and professional students, policy practitioners, and academics. The MJPA features original research on diverse policy issues, such as economics, social policy, public administration, international development, political science, and law, with a special focus on domestic policy. Submissions are selected for their originality and contribution to an important policy debate, as well as writing quality and style.
Membership on MJPA's editorial board is open to current Ford School graduate students and the journal is supervised by the faculty of the Ford School. The 2015 senior staff included Co-Editors-in-Chief Ahmed Abdullah Alawami (MPP '15) and Prabhdeep Singh Kehal (MPP/MA '15); Managing Editor Samina Hossain (MPP '15); Senior Editors Jennie Alfaro (MPP '16), Jacqueline Barocio (MPP '16), Andrew Floyd (MPP '16), and Daniel Hiaeshutter-Rice (MPP '15); and Associate Editors Demar Lewis IV (MPP '16), Jonathan Luke (MPP/MA '16), Christopher Owens (MPP '16), Hyung Gun “Gunny” Park (MPP '15), and Sabiha Zainulbhai (MPP '16). For the 2015-2016 calendar year, Jennie Alfaro & Jacqueline Barocio are serving as Editors-in-Chief and Demar F. Lewis IV is serving as Managing & Special Issues Editor. Download the latest volume of the MJPA or browse past editions.