Interning near and far: Ford School student internships in 2016
- Farah Mandich (MPP '17) at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in London, UK. With thanks to the Ford School's International Policy Center.
- Kate Reinertson (BA '18) at The Advance Group in New York City and the Office of U.S. Senator Patty Murray in Seattle, WA. With support from the Ford School's BA Internship Fund.
- Nadia Vandergriff (MPP/MS '17) at the World Bank in Washington, DC. With thanks to the Ford School Alumni Board.
- Tarlie Townsend (MPP '17) at the United Nations Population Fund in Hanoi, Vietnam. With thanks to the Annenberg Fund for International Policy Education, the International Institute, and the Center for the Education of Women.
- Afton Branche (MPP '17) at the International Organization for Migration in Pretoria, South Africa. With thanks to Mitch (MPP '78) and Johanna Vernick.
- Lina Grant (MPP '17), Maureen Lackner (MPP '17), Michael Budros (MPP '17), and Ginelle Sanchez (MPP '17) at the U.S. Government Accountability Office in Washington, DC.
- Michelle Rubin (MPP/MUP '17) at Global Detroit. With thanks to the Trehan Family Fund.
- Daniel Rebhan (BA '17) at the American Wind Energy Association in Washington, DC. With support from the Ford School's BA Internship Fund.
- Michael Manasala (MPP '17) at the Pearson Affordable Learning Fund in Manilla, Philippines. With thanks to the William Davidson Institute.
- Therese Empie (MPP '17) at Governor Snyder's Strategic Policy Office in Lansing, MI. With thanks to the Ford School's Center for Local, State, and Urban Policy (CLOSUP).
- Maha Arshad (MPP '17) at the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) in College Park, MD. With thanks to the Annenberg Fund for International Policy Education.
- Talha Mirza (BA '18) with the Honorable Andrew Scheer, Canadian Parliament, in Ottowa, Canada. With support from the Ford School's BA Internship Fund.
Read more about these and other policy-relevant internships at fordschool.umich.edu/tags/internship-field-report
Below is a formatted version of this article from State & Hill, the magazine of the Ford School. View the entire Fall 2016 State & Hill here.