Our in-person Spring Preview events must be canceled, given the unprecedented situation around the COVID-19 pandemic.
So we’re working hard to expand opportunities to engage with us virtually: we want all international and domestic admitted students to meet our community!
Between now and mid-April, when admissions decisions are due, we’re organizing a broad suite of opportunities for you to spend time with our faculty, staff, students, and alumni. We are still working out some of the details, so check back on the Admitted Students Portal often for registration links and more information.
And on April 3, 2020, we’ll host 3 interactive webinars for all admitted graduate students. See agenda below. Note: All webinars will be recorded and available online.
Virtual Spring Preview panels - Friday, April 3rd - 11am - 2pm
|11:00 – 11:45||
Welcome and Introductions
- Live webinar from the Ford School. Hear from our leaders, ask questions, and learn about your fellow admitted students.
• Michael Barr, Joan and Sanford Weill Dean of Public Policy
• Beth Soboleski, Associate Director, Student and Academic Services
• Susan Guindi, Director, Student and Academic Services
• Paula Lantz, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs; Professor of Health Policy
|11:45 – 11:55||Student to student breakout #1 - From students to prospective students—fast questions, fast answers|
|12:00 – 12:45||Faculty Panel: a live webinar with a handful of our brilliant faculty members to learn more about their teaching, research, and policy engagement. They'll field your questions!
• John Ciorciari
• Robert Hampshire
• Jonathan Hanson
• Betsey Stevenson
• Megan Tompkins-Stange
|12:45 – 12:55||Student to student breakout #2 - From students to prospective students—fast questions, fast answers|
|1:00 – 2:00||Graduate Career Services Presentation: live webinar introduction to our strategic, well-connected GCS team. Staff will describe our approach to career development and current students will share their experiences with the various GCS programs and services.
• Jennifer Niggemeier, Director, Graduate Career Services and Alumni Relations
• Peter Vasher, Associate Director, Graduate Career Services
• Casey Sullens, Employer Relations Manager
• Claire Davidson, Student Engagement Coordinator
• Chadd Dowding (MPP'21)
• Callie Furmaniak (MPP'20)
• Baltazar Hernadez (MPP'21)
• Nida Syed (MPP'21)
|2:00 – 2:30||Student Services Q&A - Have any more questions? We have answers. Join this breakout Q&A session.|
*Please rsvp by 5pm on Thursday, April 2nd so we can share your bio.*