Fall 2016 State & Hill magazine focuses on “Innovation for the Public Good”
The fall 2016 issue of State & Hill magazine was mailed to alumni and friends of the Ford School on December 15, 2016.
This edition of the magazine, titled “Innovation for the public good,” highlights faculty, students, and alumni who are demonstrating innovation and entrepreneurship as they work in an increasingly complex world.
Other stories feature the impact of the Ford School Committee, student internships, and our ten year anniversary in Joan and Sanford Weill Hall.
Table of Contents
- Dean Yang uses fingerprinting to extend the impact of microfinance in Malawi
- Annie Maxwell (MPP ’02) tackles wicked problems, like avian influenza, with creativity
- Social entrepreneurs share lessons learned about innovation
- U-M faculty, students partner with Detroit organizations to spur business growth
- Shobita Parthasarathy on how science and technology can fulfill the public good
- Justin Wolfers on market responses to the ebb and flow of Presidential candidate fortunes
- Bob Axelrod on threats to the Iranian Nuclear Deal
- Anthony Cozart (MPP ’18) and Jacqueline Mullen (MPP 18) explore engaged learning in Ford School classrooms
- 10 benefits of 10 years in Joan and Sanford Weill Hall
- John Ciorciari on sharing sovereignty for long-term capacity building and peace
- Ambassador Ronald Weiser on the many merits of international study and travel
- Celebrating the impact of the Ford School Committee
- Discourse: Ford School faculty in the news
- Faculty findings in energy and environmental policy
- Faculty news: John Ciorciari promoted to associate professor, Elisabeth Gerber begins two-year term as associate dean for research and policy engagement, and more
- Class notes: Andrew Schroeder forms WeRobotics.org, Mike McGee featured on Michigan Radio, future Fordies, and more
- The last word with Joe Schwarz
- Ford School 2016 student internships near and far
Below is a formatted version of this article from State & Hill, the magazine of the Ford School. View the entire Fall 2016 State & Hill here.