Application fee waivers
The application fee for U.S. citizens and permanent residents is $75, and the fee for international students is $90. Some students qualify for an application fee waiver, based on financial need or volunteer service.
Rackham fee waivers
Please follow Rackham’s instructions to receive your fee waiver approval in a timely manner.
- Public Policy and International Affairs(PPIA)
- Current Volunteers (Vista/Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, etc.)
- Need Based Fee Waivers (Adobe PDF)
Ford School fee waivers
- Teach for America (see below)
- Former Peace Corps or AmeriCorps volunteers who completed their service three or more months ago. (see below)
Peace Corps volunteers are expected to have completed their two year assignment. AmeriCorps volunteers are expected to have completed a minimum assignment of one year.
In order to receive an application fee waiver, please complete the following two steps:
- Please have a former supervisor, from one of the above programs, complete a Letter of Verification, including dates of service, and either fax it to (734) 647-7486 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and submit our volunteer service form
Once both items are received we will email you a fee waiver code for use in submitting your application. Please allow a minimum of 10 days to receive this code after the receipt of materials.
Please note: If you pay the application fee, it will not be refunded, even if you are approved for the fee waiver after submission. Also, materials received after January 5th will not be eligible for a fee waiver for the January 15th deadline.
Request a fee waiver: