The Ford School is so proud of the Classes of 2021—a resilient, talented group who earned their University of Michigan degrees in a time of historic challenges. This year’s graduates supported each other along the way, and they did more than just persevere: they continued to lead and create positive change in their communities and their school.
We celebrated the Classes of 2021 with a heartfelt set of virtual events and online tributes, including opportunities for families and friends to come together, meet our faculty and staff, and congratulate their graduates.
Graduate Slideshow: 2021 Ford School Commencement May 1, 2021
Cydney Gardner-Brown: 2021 Ford School Commencement May 1, 2021
Maggie Barnard: 2021 Ford School Commencement May 1, 2021
Yazier Henry: 2021 Ford School Commencement May 1, 2021
Dean Michael S. Barr: 2021 Ford School Commencement May 1, 2021
The Presentation of Graduates by Shobita Parthasarathy: 2021 Ford School Commencement May 5, 2021
Stay engaged as an alum
You are always part of our family, and as a new alum, we know you’ll remain connected with the Ford School community!
- Keep your contact information up-to-date. Having your most recent contact information means you won’t miss out on Ford School news, events, and updates.
- Become an Alumni Admissions Ambassador and help recruit the next class of the leaders and best. Alumni Admissions Ambassadors attend recruitment fairs, make phone calls to admitted students, and share Ford School recruitment materials.
- Plug into our resources for continued learning and growth, and register as an alum on FordCareers. The career services team is available to help guide and point you in the right direction whether you want to upgrade your skills, change jobs, or brush up on a policy issue.
- Make a gift to support the areas of the Ford School that matter to you most!
- Attend Worldwide Ford School Spirit Day on July 15, 2021. Socialize, network, and catch-up with Ford School friends at virtual gathering. Stay tuned for more details!
And don't forget, as a new grad, the U-M Alumni Association also welcomes you to a family of 600,000+ fellow Wolverines. Check out their website for information on accessing alumni community career resources and networking opportunities. New graduates will be offered a complimentary one-year membership to the Alumni Association, which will be activated in the summer once the University has confirmed the degree. The U-M Alumni Association will inform graduates via email about the complimentary membership in June. Additionally, as recent grads, the class of 2021 is eligible for a discounted Life Membership up to five years after they graduate.
Forever, and always, Go Blue!
The platform party for our May 1 virtual celebrations included Dean Michael Barr, Professor Yazier Henry, Professor Shobita Parthasarathy, Associate Dean H. Luke Shaefer, Cydney Gardner-Brown, and Maggie Barnard.
Cydney Gardner-Brown (BA' 21)
Maggie Barnard (MPP '21)
... there is no way we can go forward except together and no way anybody can win except by serving the people's urgent needs. We cannot stand still or slip backwards. We must go forward now together.Gerald R. Ford (AB '35, HLLD '74), 38th President of the United States