Date & time
Free and open to the public. See details for mandatory masks/health screening requirements on the U-M campus.
The Michigan Independent Citizens Redistricting Commission, with partners Campus Election Engagement Project and the Campus Vote Project, are pleased to announce a campus tour for the commission's weekly meetings each Thursday in the month of September.
The first campus meetings will be at the University of Michigan on September 2nd, 2021, at the Michigan Union Rogel Ballroom (530 S State St, Ann Arbor, MI 48109). Campus partners at U-M include: The Center for Local, State, and Urban Policy (CLOSUP), Ginsberg Center, Turn Up Turnout, Program in Practical Policy Engagement, and Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy.
The meeting agenda for 9/2/21 will include racially polarized voting analysis, Voting Rights Act analysis, and map drawing for State Senate districts for Oakland, Macomb, and Wayne Counties.
The meeting schedule will be 1pm-4pm and 5pm-8pm. Public comment will occur at the beginning of each meeting. Attendees can sign up to give comment in person, or online at https://www.michigan.gov/micrc/
Public health and safety requirements
Mandatory health screening and mask wearing protocol to attend public meetings in University of Michigan buildings:
- Please note that all in-person attendees must follow University of Michigan health screening and mandatory mask protocol, AND must sign-in before entering the meeting.
- You can access the health screening questions when you arrive, or you can complete before you arrive using the ResponsiBLUE guest app.
- To fill out the ResponsiBlue Guest health screening questions prior to your arrival – just save a screenshot of the green check mark confirmation to show upon your arrival at the Michigan Union Ballroom.
- 9/9/21: Ferris State University, 805 Campus Dr, Big Rapids, MI 49307
- 9/16/21: Grand Valley State University, Kirkhof Center, Room 2250 - Grand River Room, Allendale, MI 49401
- 9/23/21: Central Michigan University, Plachta Auditorium, Warriner Hall, 1200 S. Franklin St., Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
- 9/30/21: Oakland University, Gold Rooms, Oakland Center - 312 Meadow Brook Rd, Rochester, MI 48309
For more information
These are official public meetings of the Michigan Citizens Independent Redistricting Commissioners. For more information, visit their website at michigan.gov/micrc.