Date & Time
Michigan will hold a regular election on Tuesday, May 3, 2022, and voters may have measures or candidates on their local ballots. The Ford School strongly encourages all eligible voters to make their voices heard.
Michigan voters: To check your polling location and view your sample ballot, visit michigan.gov/vote.
View a full list of dates related to the May 3, 2022 election from the Michigan Secretary of State's Bureau of Elections
- April 18: Last day to register in any manner other than in-person with the local clerk for the May election.
- April 19 through May 3 (8pm): In-person registration with local clerk with proof of residency.
- April 29 (5pm): Deadline to request an absentee ballot via First Class mail.
- May 2 (4pm): Deadline to receive an absentee ballot in person at your local clerk's office.
- May 3 (8pm): Deadline to request and submit an absent voter ballot in person in clerk’s office; or to vote in person in the proper precinct.
Registering to vote
Don’t forget to register to vote! Students who are U.S. citizens are allowed to register at either their local addresses or their permanent addresses. It’s your choice. Depending on the state where you want to vote, you can either register online or by paper. Be sure to check if you are registered by going to http://bit.ly/uofmcheckreg.
To download a federal voter registration form and for more information on how to register to vote outside of Michigan, go to vote.gov.
If you are already registered and do not want to vote in person, remember to request an absentee ballot. If you are registered to vote in Michigan, download an absentee ballot request form at https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1633_8716_8728-21037--,00.html.
For more information, including registering to vote, voter FAQs, and Michigan voter laws (absentee, identification, same-day registration, etc.), visit govote.umich.edu.