SpeakerDee Fenner, Anna Kirkland, Leah Litman, Sarah Miller, Betsey Stevenson
Date & Time
LocationThis is a Virtual Event.
Join us for a thoughtful conversation featuring U-M law, public policy, and medical faculty members providing their expert perspectives about possible implications, at the campus, state, and national levels, should Roe v. Wade be overturned. Panelists will discuss:
- Insights about the leaked Supreme Court opinion overturning Roe
- Status of abortion access across different states
- Financial and health consequences if abortion access is criminalized
- Outlook for the future of other rights — LGBTQ, marriage, contraception — based on the leaked majority opinion
- Dee Fenner, Chair of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Bates Professor of Diseases of Women and Children, and Professor of Urology, at the University of Michigan
- Anna Kirkland, Arthur F. Thurnau Professor of Women’s and Gender Studies; Director, Institute for Research on Women and Gender (IRWG); courtesy appointments in Sociology, Political Science, and Health Management and Policy
- Leah Litman, Assistant Professor of Law, University of Michigan Law School
- Sarah Miller, Assistant Professor of Business Economics and Public Policy at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan
- Betsey Stevenson, Professor of Public Policy and Economics, U-M Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy
This event is hosted by the U-M Center for the Education of Women+ (CEW+), the Institute for Research on Women and Gender (IRWG), and the Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy.