Election '08's Impact on Michigan: The Candidates' Positions on Energy, the Environment, and the Economy
Date & Time
Oct 14, 2008, 7:00-8:30 pm EDT
This panel discussion will feature experts in the environment, energy, and economics for a discussion on how the policies of the presidential candidates will impact Michigan. They will be joined by advocates for both the Obama and McCain campaigns. Listen to the discussion, and ask your questions.
- Democratic surrogate: Mark Brewer, State Democratic Party chair
- Republican surrogate: Joe Schwarz, Former Congressman (Michigan 7th District)
- Economy expert: Charles L. Ballard, Professor of Economics at MSU
- Environment: Ted Parson, Professor of Law and Natural Resources and Environment at U-M
- Energy: Carl Simon, Professor of Public Policy, Mathematics, and Economics at U-M
- Moderator: Jack Lessenberry, Michigan Radio\'s Senior Political Analyst
Co-sponsored by Michigan Radio and the Center for Local, State, and Urban Policy (CLOSUP) at the Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy.