This is a core course restricted to Ford School students only
This section of 510 focuses on international policy issues and introduces students to the dynamics of global politics and international relations. Students will learn about international institutions and political options open to various state and non-state actors.
The course emphasizes:
- Concepts and perspectives commonly used in the study and practice of international relations and foreign policy;
- Values and interests of a range of international actors;
- Workings of global institutions that comprise the political environment of international policy-making;
- The policy process and the importance of political considerations;
- Analytical skills;
- Technical writing skills.
The course also provides students an opportunity to learn about several substantive issues currently on the international agenda.