SpeakerRebecca Blank, Douglas Haynes, Renu Khator, Costas Spirou and Anne Curzan (Moderator)
Date & Time
LocationThis is a Virtual Event.
A panel of academic leaders will consider how a focus on the lives students lead beyond college, on the outcomes of liberal arts education, can make the case for it. What outcomes are most pertinent, and most exciting? Which outcomes should be measured, and then marshalled? Panelists will also address what they most want to know about liberal education, and how the College and Beyond II project can help to explore those questions.
This event will be recorded and posted on the College and Beyond II: Liberal Arts and Life website.
- Rebecca Blank, Chancellor, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Douglas Haynes, Vice Chancellor for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, Professor of History, University of California, Irvine
- Renu Khator, Chancellor, University of Houston System, and President, University of Houston
- Costas Spirou, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Professor of Sociology and Public Administration, Georgia College & State University
- Anne Curzan (moderator), Dean, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts; Geneva Smitherman Collegiate Professor of English Language and Literature, Linguistics, and Education; Arthur F. Thurnau Professor; University of Michigan
Contact and more information
For more information about this event and series, or to direct questions to the event organizers, the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), visit the College and Beyond II: Liberal Arts and Life website.