Reclaiming and repatriating African heritage
U-M Africa Week panel
SpeakerModerated by Ambassador Susan D. Page
Date & Time
Feb 17, 2021, 11:00 am-12:15 pm EST
LocationThis is a Virtual Event.
This event is hosted by the African Studies Center and organized as part of U-M's Africa Week, which brings together thought leaders in higher education, industry, and government for a series of discussions on the key issues and opportunities that will shape Africa in the coming decades.
Ambassador Susan D. Page will moderate a discussion with cultural heritage experts from U-M and Africa surrounding the reclamation and repatriation of African heritage from Northern cultural institutions back to Africa.
- Kelly Askew, professor of anthropology and Afroamerican & African studies, University of Michigan
- Paul Conway, professor of information, University of Michigan
- Derek Peterson, professor of history and African studies, University of Michigan
- Ciraj Rassool, Professor, faculty of arts, University of Western Cape, and Board Member for District 6 Museum
- Chao Tayiana Maina, co-founder, Museum of British Colonialism
- Moderator: Ambassador Susan D. Page, professor of practice in international diplomacy, University of Michigan
Have any questions?
Zuzana Selcova Wiseley
Assistant Program Manager, Weiser Diplomacy Center
735 S. State St. #3310
Ann Arbor, MI, 48109