Kaitlin Raimi is an associate professor of public policy at the Ford School. As a social/environmental psychologist, her interests center on how individuals can promote or prevent sustainable behaviors and policies. She has three broad areas of research: (1) how people compare their own beliefs and behaviors to others, (2) how adopting one pro-environmental behavior affects later action, and (3) how climate change communication affects people’s understanding, behaviors, and support for climate policies and technologies.
Learn more on Raimi's personal website.
- Post-doctoral fellowship, Vanderbilt Institute for Energy & Environment
- MA and PhD in social psychology, Duke University
- BA in psychology, Tufts University
Member: American Psychological Association Division 34, Society for Personality and Social Psychology, Association for Psychological Science, Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues, International Association of Applied Psychology
- Bellamy, R., & Raimi, K. T. (2023). Communicating carbon removal. Frontiers in Climate, 5, 1205388. doi: 10.3389/fclim.2023.1205388.
- Gillis, A., Geiger, N., Raimi, K. T., Lee Cunningham, J., & Sarge, M. A. (2023). Awareness of climate change-induced immigration to the United States has mixed influences on public support for climate change and migrants. Climatic Change, 176, 48. doi: 10.1007/s10584-023-03519-y.
- Truelove, H. B., Raimi, K. T., & Carrico, A. R. (2022). Curbing single-use plastic with behaviour change interventions. Nature Reviews Earth & Environment, 3, 722-723. doi: 10.1038/s43017-022-00356-y.
- Hart, P. S., Campbell-Arvai, V., Wolske, K. S., & Raimi, K. T. (2022). Moral hazard or not? The effects of learning about carbon dioxide removal on perceptions of climate mitigation in the United States. Energy Research & Social Science, 89, 102656. doi: 10.1016/j.erss.2022.102656.
- Raimi, K. T. (in press). How to encourage pro-environmental behaviors without crowding out public support for climate policies. Behavioral Science and Policy.
- Raimi, K. T. (2021). Public perceptions of geoengineering. Current Opinion in Psychology, 42, 66-70. doi: 10.1016/j.copsyc.2021.03.012
- Raimi, K. T., Wolske, K. W., Hart, P. S. & Campbell-Arvai, V. (2020). The Aversion to Tampering with Nature Scale (ATN): Individual differences in (dis)comfort with altering the natural world. Risk Analysis, 40, 638-656. doi: 10.1111/risa.13414