SpeakerAdrienne Harris, Professor of Practice, Ford School of Public Policy
Date & time
LocationThis is a Virtual Event.
This event is hosted by the African Studies Center and organized as part of U-M's Africa Week, which brings together thought leaders in higher education, industry, and government for a series of discussions on the key issues and opportunities that will shape Africa in the coming decades.
Adrienne Harris will moderate a discussion regarding the impressive growth of the fintech industry across the African continent and the benefits as well as challenges for economies, governance, and society. Participants will include thought leaders from industry, government, and higher education.
- Adrienne Harris, Professor of Practice, Ford School of Public Policy
- Viola Llewellyn, Co-Founder & President of Ovamba Solutions, Inc.
- Nick Hughes, Founder, M-PESA and CO-founder, M-KOPA
- Njuguna Ndung'u, Former Governor, Central Bank of Kenya
- Kunle Olukotun, Professor of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, founder of Migo Money