Purpose and membership
To create a school-level coalition of students, faculty and staff with the following primary aims:
- To have an identified set of people within the Ford School to whom members of the Ford School community can share ideas, feedback and concerns regarding diversity, equity and inclusion.
- To increase communication between students, faculty and staff in regard to DEI activities, achievements and challenges.
2021-22 DEI Coalition members
DEI coalition members will be considered as representing constituencies, and thus need to be connected to and in contact with the groups they represent around DEI issues.
The DEI coalition consists of 10 members and two ex officio members. Faculty serve for three years; students and staff serve a one-year term. They include:
- DEI Officer: Stephanie Sanders, Chair (email@example.com)
- Associate Dean for Academic Affairs: Celeste Watkins-Hayes, ex officio (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Director of Student Services: Susan Guindi, ex officio (email@example.com)
- Faculty representative: Catie Hausman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and David Morse (email@example.com)
- Staff representatives: Catherine Carver (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Zoë Erb (email@example.com)
- Undergraduate representatives: William Dobbs (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Hugo Quintana (email@example.com)
- Master’s representatives: Jessica Hartshorn (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Scott Haeck (email@example.com)
- Doctoral student representative: Dyanne Vaught (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Ford School of Public Policy DEI Coalition will:
- Meet 3 times a semester, with agendas that are set by the Coalition chair (DEI Officer), with input from members.
- Review Ford School planned activities in the DEI strategic plan at the beginning of each year.
- Identify issues and propose new activities, initiatives and organizational changes for the Ford School DEI strategic plan, to be implemented by a wide variety of units, committees and stakeholders within the Ford School.
- Review evaluation metrics and progress towards DEI objectives at least once a year.
- Report on DEI activities and progress at least two times a year to the Dean, and at least one time a year to the Ford School community.