2020-2021 DEI coalition members
- DEI Officer: Stephanie Sanders, Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Associate Dean for Academic Affairs: Paula Lantz, ex officio (email@example.com)
- Director of Student Services: Susan Guindi, ex officio (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Faculty representatives: Yazier Henry (email@example.com), Robert Hampshire (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Staff representatives: Molly Kleinman (email@example.com), Tricia Schryer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Undergraduate representatives: New representatives coming fall 2020.
- Master’s representatives: New representatives coming fall 2020.
- Doctoral representative: New representatives coming fall 2020.
Purpose and membership
To create a school-level coalition of students, faculty and staff with the following primary aims:
- To have an identified set of people within the Ford School to whom members of the Ford School community can share ideas, feedback and concerns regarding diversity, equity and inclusion.
- To increase communication between students, faculty and staff in regard to DEI activities, achievements and challenges.
Members (n=10 plus 2 Ex Officio):
DEI coalition members will be considered as representing constituencies, and thus need to be connected to and in contact with the groups they represent around DEI issues.
- DEI Officer Chair
- Associate Dean for Academic Affairs Ex Officio
- Director of Student Services Ex Officio
- Two faculty members Appointed by Dean
- Two staff members Appointed
- Two undergraduate students Elected
- Two master degree students Elected
- One doctoral student Elected
The Ford School of Public Policy DEI coalition will:
- Meet 3 times a semester, with agendas that are set by the Coalition chair, with input from members.
- Review Ford School planned activities in the DEI strategic plan at the beginning of each year.
- Identify issues and propose new activities, initiatives and organizational changes for the Ford School DEI strategic plan, to be implemented by a wide variety of units, committees and stakeholders within the Ford School.
- Review evaluation metrics and progress towards DEI objectives at least once a year.
- Report on DEI activities and progress at least two times a year to the Dean, and at least one time a year to the Ford School community.