SpeakerPaul Courant, Allyson Flaster, Ben Koester, Nick Paulson, Anne Ruggles Gere, Jason Godfrey, Mike Ion, Naitnaphit Limlamai, Andrew Moos, Kathryn Van Zanen
Date & Time
LocationThis is a Virtual Event.
College and Beyond II: Outcomes of a Liberal Arts Education is a data collection and research initiative developing a set of measures and methods for representing liberal arts education and assessing its value. The project considers how administrative data regularly collected by institutions can be used to better characterize the liberal arts qualities of each student’s educational experience, and aims to quantify the connections between these qualities and important life outcomes. The research team will present the project’s goals and design, as well as data explorations highlighting new measures of the richness of the liberal arts experience and outcomes derived from writing samples of graduates.
This event will be recorded and posted on the College and Beyond II: Liberal Arts and Life website.
- Paul Courant, Edward M. Gramlich Distinguished University Professor Emeritus and Provost Emeritus, University of Michigan | Bio
- Allyson Flaster, Assistant Research Scientist, Inter-university Consortium of Political and Social Research (ICPSR), University of Michigan | Bio
- Ben Koester, Research Scientist, Department of Physics, University of Michigan | Bio
- Nick Paulson, Doctoral Student, Center for the Study of Higher and Postsecondary Education, University of Michigan
- Anne Ruggles Gere, Arthur F. Thurnau Professor of English, Gertrude Buck Collegiate Professor of Education, University of Michigan | Bio
- Members of the Gere Research Team, University of Michigan
- Jason Godfrey, Doctoral Student, Joint Program in English and Education
- Mike Ion, Doctoral Candidate, Educational Studies Department
- Naitnaphit Limlamai, Doctoral Candidate, Joint Program in English and Education
- Andrew Moos, Doctoral Student, Joint Program in English and Education
- Kathryn Van Zanen, Doctoral Student, Joint Program in English and Education
Contact and more information
For more information about this event and series, or to direct questions to the event organizers, the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), visit the College and Beyond II: Liberal Arts and Life website.