The fall 2015 issue of State & Hill magazine was mailed to alumni and friends of the Ford School on November 18, 2015.
This edition of the magazine, titled “Motor City Remix,” highlighted stories about some of the work Ford School faculty, students, and alumni are doing in the City of Detroit.
Other stories featured our first Gerald R. Ford Presidential Fellow, our U.S.-China policy course, and more.
Table of contents
- Addell Austin Anderson (MPP ’80), executive director of the U-M Detroit Center, talks policy, progress, and people in the City of Detroit
- Ren Farley’s short course on the Motor City, the history and future of Detroit
- Liz Gerber’s next-gen Detroit Area Study, building a data infrastructure to inform policy
- In the mayor’s office and after, Ford School students and alums serve and stay
- Laying the foundation, Leah Ouellet (AB ’13) and 17 Detroit teens help build a Malawi school
- Mark Wallace (MPP ’04), CEO of the Detroit RiverFront Conservancy, makes a habit of repurposing in Detroit, riverfront restoration and instrumental upcycling
- My Brother’s Keeper Detroit, we all play a role says Eboni Wells (MPP ’13)
- Post-game analysis, Coach Beilein and Ray Batra discuss new BA internship fund
- Renewing and strengthening long-term ties to China, Ann Lin on U.S.-China policy course and trip
- Beyond Evergreen Road, introducing Bilal Baydoun, the inaugural Gerald R. Ford Presidential Fellow
- John DiNardo’s (MPP ’84) ‘defense against the dark arts’ of econometrics
- Matthew Mellon (MPP/MPH ’16), first Maggie E. Weston Education Policy Intern, supports NYC education reforms
- New CLOSUP survey will examine Michigan public safety
- Discourse, Ford School faculty in the news
- Soundbites, overheard @ Ford School events
- Faculty news, Dominguez nominated for Fed Board of Governors, memorial to Bob Stern, and more
- Class notes, Jeff Mackie-Mason to U-C Berkeley, Ford School-studded wedding, future Fordies, and more
- The last word with Mahima Mahadevan (MPP ’11)
Read more about the work of Ford School alumni in Detroit.
Below is a formatted version of this article from State & Hill, the magazine of the Ford School. View the entire Fall 2015 State & Hill here.